Gluten-free foods are helpful in weight loss; it increases body energy and improves overall health. Gluten is a form of protein found in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. Gluten-free means all the foods, which do not contain this protein. Gluten has two essential proteins in its gliadins and glutenin. Gliadin is said to cause harmful effects on health. It is not recommended to those who are suffering from celiac disease. When we remove gluten from our food, we also change the fiber intake and nutrients intake in our body.
Medical Conditions For Opting Gluten-Free Foods
- Celiac diseases– it is a state or a condition in which gluten harms the immune system and affects the small intestines. When suffering from celiac disease, one needs to concentrate on the diet. A diet, which is free from gluten, is the best solution.
- Gluten sensitivity– in this case, the symptoms are the same as the celiac disease like abdominal pain, headache, constipation, etc.
- Gluten ataxia– it affects the nerve tissues and affects the muscle movement.
- People are having a wheat allergy– some agents present in wheat cause disease, which in turn causes allergy in the immune system. The symptoms are difficulty in breathing.
A gluten-free diet can also be healthy and nutritious:-
- Natural, gluten-free products – people can include veggies, fruits, beans, nuts in the natural form, and also lean meat, fish, and dairy products which have a low-fat content.
- Grains– like flax, millet, soy, corn, buckwheat, amaranth, potato beans, quinoa can be easily included in a gluten-free diet.
- Oats– oats naturally are gluten-free. But when mixed with wheat, barley, and rye, it becomes contaminated.
- Alcoholic beverages– alcohols made using grapes; berries can be there in the diet. People can take a little amount of alcohol every day.
Food That Is Not At All Recommended For A Gluten-Free Diet
- All the food and drinks which contain wheat, barley, rye, triticale, and oats (when mixed with other grains) should not be consumed.
- Processed foods generally have some amount of gluten in them. So read the label carefully when you go for purchasing processed food.
- Wheat gluten is useful in adding flavors or as a thickening agent. So it is recommended to avoid wheat consumption in any form.
- Avoid the usage of beer, porter, and stout as it is made using barley.
Benefits Of A Gluten-Free Diet
There is no clinical proof to show the accurate results of a gluten-free diet. But it claims for these diet results
- Helps in weight loss
- Improves gastric problems
- Gluten-free food helps to enhance the performance of athletes.
A gluten-free diet affects the body. As whole grains include iron, calcium, fiber always look for other food sources, which are rich in nutrients. Some gluten-free food has high-fat content. Read the product labels before consuming it. Check the overall nutrient level present in the diet. The cost of gluten-free food usually is higher. The expense incurred in purchasing gluten-free food can be expensive.