Cookies and candies are the most favorite items of Christmas. Many people prefer cookies. But, if you love candies, then here, I will give you two recipes of Christmas candy that will make you forget the cookies. Have a look!
Christmas Candy – Peanut Brittle
Full of roasted peanuts, the peanut brittle is utterly crispy and buttery. You can serve it in the dessert. You can also wrap it attractively and give it a Christmas gift.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
Ingredients For Christmas Candy
- Granulated sugar – 2 cups
- Light corn syrup – 1 cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Butter – 1 cup, cut into slices
- Roasted peanuts – 2 ¼ cups, dry and unsalted
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Take a parchment paper and use it to line a sheet pan.
- Take a deep pan and add the sugar along with corn syrup, water, and salt to it. Use a candy thermometer and clip it to the pan side.
- Place the pan on medium heat and stir it continuously. Let all the sugar dissolves fully, and the mixture starts to boil. The boiling might take about 6 minutes.
- Now add the butter to it and mix well with the mixture. Let it cook till the temperature reached 280 degrees Fahrenheit in the candy thermometer. It might take about 15 minutes to reach this temperature.
- Add the roasted peanuts to the pan and cook for 10 minutes more. In this stage, the candy thermometer should read 305 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When done, take the pan out of the heat and add the baking soda and mix well. Tip this mixture on the baking sheet in the layer. Make sure the layer is ¼ inch thick.
- Now let it cool. When done, break into your desired pieces and eat.
Christmas Candy – Peppermint Fudge With White Chocolate
This white chocolate fudge with peppermint extracts will melt in your mouth.
- Condensed milk – 300 ml
- White chocolate – 15 ounces; opt for the top-quality chocolate
- Peppermint extract – 2 tsp – 1 tbsp, depending on your preference
- Candy canes – chopped, a handful
- Red food coloring – as needed
- Take the square baking pan of 8*8 inches and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Take a microwave-safe bowl and add the condensed milk along with white chocolate to it. Insert the bowl for about 45 seconds into the microwave. Make sure all the chocolate is melted. Do not forget to stir in between so that the chocolate does not get burned.
- When done, take the bowl out and mix the peppermint extract. Now tip the mixture equally into two bowls.
- In one bowl, add the red food color and stir only two times so that it has the marbled effect.
- Transfer this mixture into the baking pan. The upper layer should be smooth and eve. You can use a spatula to do that. On it, pour the mixture of another bowl and make the top layer smooth.
- Add the candy canes to the top and put the pan into the fridge for about 3 hours. This way, the fudge will be entirely set. When done, take it out and cut into small pieces and serve.