Too much sugary food and drinks make kids feel full. It is often said that taking sugar leads to behavioral problems in kids and hyperactivity in children. The best way to limit its intake is to replace it with sugar-free candy. Instead, give your kids homemade or sugar-free candy. Ingredients for these candies are readily available and are extremely healthy for kids. Candies are prepared using natural sweetening ingredients like honey; jaggery or maple syrup can also be hazardous if consumed in excess quantity.
People started to accept the no sugar challenge without knowing the exact meaning of what no sugar means. Adding artificial sweeteners in the diet is also hazardous to health. Regular consumption of sugar in kids should not be more than four tablespoons. Avoiding the use of excess sugar like avoid giving sugar-coated candies instead look for other ways like offering them sugar-free candies made with fruits or another natural sweetener. Adding a lot of fruits in diet one can replace excess consumption of artificial sweeteners.
Recipe For Sugar-Free Candy
- Caramel Apple recipe
- Ingredients required
- 6-8 small apples, cold, unwaxed
- 1cup whipping cream
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup honey
- Place a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a lollipop stick into each apple- through the stem.
- Fill a bowl ½ full with cold water and keep aside
- In a pan heat the cream and salt till bubbles start coming- just before boil. Mix in honey. Let the mixture boil. Turn the flame down and cook, mix always using a wooden spoon for almost 15-20 minutes or until mixture reaches 255-260 F degrees.
- To stop the caramel from cooking careful set the bottom of the pan in a bowl of cold water prepared earlier. Take care that water doesn’t come in caramel.
- Mix till caramel thickens. The caramel needs to be thick enough that it coats apples entirely but not so watery that it will run right off. If caramel is still in solid form, keep the pan on flame and cook for some time.
- Slightly tilt the pan so that all caramel gathers on one side and use other hands to dip and twist each apple till it’s coated adequately with caramel. Keep each apple on parchment paper placed on a baking sheet and allow caramel to cool and set.
Natures Sugar-Free Candy Bar
- 6-8 coconut date
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Orange shredded
Melt chocolate and coconut oil, Stir continuously to avoid sticking and burning. Turn off the flame once chocolates melt
Slowly roll each date roll to about ½-1/4 inch thickness. Dip rolled dates into chocolate to coat correctly. Drip off the extra chocolate. On a parchment paper drizzle orange zest.
Keep them in refrigeration and let them harden and enjoy.
Sugar intake in kids should be controlled. Excess of sugar consumption can have adverse effects on Childs’s brains. It also has adversely effect on cardiac health. Artificial sugar is also not a solution for avoiding sugar. It has its hazards.